Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some Words From St. Nick

Another poem by Roberta, an attender at Anawim:

As Christmas drew near, the Christ we revere gave a new verse for His Blest Day!
New words came so quick, as thoughts of St. Nick came to mind, like I “heard” him say:
“Dads, Moms, girls and boys, don’t focus on toys and neglect the Christ I held dear,
He is the Reason for this blest Season, and I want to make that fact clear!

“When I was a lad my heart was quite sad, long before my name joined “the saints”!
If facts were made known, before His Light shone in my heart, “a few” made complaints!
I confess some acts, done by boys in “packs,” included my part in their ranks,
But one day I vowed, confessing out loud: ‘Please forgive me, Lord, for my pranks?’

“By His grace bestowed, Christ lifted the load of my sin, confessed there that day,
The Jesus I’d spurned, I very soon learned, had paid the debt I could not pay!
No virtue of mine, not one could I find, as I searched my heart and my soul,
To justify Him forgiving my sin, for cleansing and making me ‘whole’!

“Whatever the name attached to my fame, be it St. Nick, or Santa Claus,
Take time, bow your head at His manger-bed, take time in your shopping to pause!
No matter which name you use for my ‘fame,’ remember, when I come ‘in view,’
That same Baby died, for you crucified! I loved Him, you should love Him, too”!

-- Roberta N. Tuthill, copyright 12/22/2007 (8:10 am to 1:10 pm)
Dedicated to Dr. Thomas Wyatt I (12/22/1891 - 4/19/1964)

No comments: